The KUAR “Artistic Applications” Grant for Engineering, Science and Social Sciences is designed to fulfill the needs of researchers in engineering, social sciences, etc. (fields other than visual design and visual arts) that pertain to visual design, artistic “cover”, and content that relates to their research.
The aim is to build awareness as to how the creative industries can contribute to ongoing research in other fields, and to promote the use of research output from other fields to inspire the creative industries.
There is no deadline for the applications. Applications are accepted on a rolling basis, and researchers will receive a reply about their application within 30 days. The grants will be awarded “first come, first served,” and the call will be closed for the year once the pre-allocated yearly budget has been distributed.
The upper limit for service purchases is 25,000 TL.
Applications for the first batch of of grants are currently open to Koç University faculty only.
Please download and fill out he form here and send it to email@example.com to apply for the grant (requires Koç University login).
Design an edible object that no one else has thought of before, to win an iPad Pro and have your work exhibited at prestigious venues! Just build a model of your idea using any materials you wish, take a photo of it, and send it to us using the form below! [Submissions are now closed.]
Participation is open for all Koç University undergraduate students.
Submissions can be made until 17:00 on April 1, 2016 (Friday).
- Grand Prize: iPad Pro
- Second Place: 500 TL gift voucher from the Pandora bookstore
- Third Place: 300 TL gift voucher from the Pandora bookstore
Rules and Guidelines
- This is a completely open-ended contest for new ideas. No further explanations about our expectations will be provided, other than what you see here.
- You should go after completely new and crazy ideas.
- Your entry should have a name that reflects its essence.
- You can use any materials you wish to make your model.
- Your model does not have to be built out of expensive materials, but it has to communicate your idea very well.
- Your submission must consist of one photo only that expresses your idea.
- Your submission should be a PNG or JPG file, at least 2560×1920 pixels in size, 300 DPI in resolution, and optimized for poster-sized printing. The file name should not have any characters outside of the English alphabet (no Turkish characters, numbers, symbols…). The photo must be shot on a completely white background. Your submission may be disqualified if it does not meet these criteria.
- If you have more than one idea, you may submit more than one entry. Submit as many ideas as you wish.
- You can work individually or as a team, but the prize will be given to one person only.
- The jury may refrain from giving any prizes, if no suitable submissions are received.
Jury: Oğuzhan Özcan, Çağla Turgul, Evren Yantaç, Aykut Coşkun.