(Applicable for both BA or MA degree holders.)
Koç University’s Design Lab is working on a novel interactive environment (DubTouch) which enables playing games by physically touching other players. We are looking for a candidate for our product development based MA and PhD in Design Program to work in this project. See details about DubTouch here.
The DubTouch project was published at NordiCHI ’14 presenting the outcomes resulting from user studies and an expert workshop with a conceptual experience prototype. Its working prototype will be presented at the 2016 CHI, the most prestigious conference in the field of human-computer interaction.
The accepted candidate will:
- Work in collaboration with a research engineer and other grad students for the design, implementation and development of DubTouch gaming environment
- Design and develop games for DubTouch
- Conduct player experience studies, with the help of a research psychologist, on games and DubTouch
During the post-grad education, successful students may meet outstanding universities and labs which we have relationships such as Carnegie Mellon University and Chalmers Institute of Technology.
More information including application requirements and benefits are published on the website for the Design, Technology and Society Graduate Program and the information page for MA/MDes/PhD applicants on our website. The project Human-to-Human Touch Interaction in Games should be specified in the pre-application form.
In addition to the general requirements published online, the following requirements apply to this project:
- BA or MA degree preferably in Engineering or Design fields
- Experience in programming and electronics
Application deadline: 10 January 2016 17:00